Preparing to Meet with Your Loan Officer
Loan officers are a great resource and wealth of knowledge for your entire home buying experience. They can also provide mortgage pre-qualification. Pre-qualification can be helpful, especially when it comes to knowing, and staying, within your budget.
Here are a few documents and information that will be helpful for your first appointment.
- Pay stubs for the last 4 weeks pay period.
- 2 years’ worth of W-2s or tax returns.
- Information and documentation for funds that may be used for a down payment.
- A list of assets owned, including deposit accounts, real estate and investments.
- Your ideal approval amount as a starting point for discussion.
- A list of your questions and goals.