5 Ways to Make Your Scholarship Application Stand Out
The scholarship application process is not easy. But the hard work now is worthwhile when you are forking over less of your hard-earned income on student loans following college graduation. Watch your hard work pay off, and your applications rise to the top with these 5 tips.
1. Fill out applications neatly and completely. Compare it to dressing professionally and being prepared for a job interview.
2. Re-read application instructions. Do you understand what the organization offering the scholarship is asking in the essay or short answer questions? Ask your guidance counselor for a second opinion if there is any doubt.
3. Allow time to write compelling essays and short answers. Give yourself time to be creative rather than rushing through the process. Crafting well-written responses showing why you deserve this scholarship takes time. This tip is one sure way to make your application stand out from the pack.
4. Have someone proofread your application before submitting it. Despite your qualifications and creative responses, misspellings, incorrect grammar, and punctuation could eliminate you from consideration. After you
proofread the application yourself, share it with one or two other people you trust to review.
5. Utilize your resources. Many teachers and guidance counselors nd joy in helping students score cash for college. Don’t be afraid to ask for help.
Watch the video below for additional tips when applying for the Wilke S. and James W. Lemon Scholarship offered by The Friendship State Bank.