Switch Kit - Start the Friendship
The Friendship State Bank offers personalized, one-on-one service and this kit to make the move to better banking even easier.
This kit includes documents you can complete and send to your employer and other businesses where you may
have electronic payments. These documents will notify them you have changed your deposit account.
1. Open your new account at The Friendship State Bank. Print and complete the “CIP Form” for each individual who will be on the account. All individuals on the account must bring a valid state photo identification (i.e. driver’s license) that includes a current physical address. Find a branch near you.
2. Make a list of all automatic payments and deposits scheduled to go in and out of your previous account. If
you use bill pay through your current financial institution, write down the payee information for future reference. Find the “Online Bill Payment Worksheet” enclosed to assist with this process.
3. If you receive direct deposit from an employer, complete the enclosed “Direct Deposit Authorization
Form(s)” and give to your Human Resources or Payroll Department. This will notify your employer to
reroute your paycheck to your Friendship State Bank account. Ask your employer when the first deposit
will occur to your new account.
If you have Social Security direct deposited, please let us know at account opening so we may assist you
with the change.
4. Once you have verified when your first direct deposit will occur, reschedule each automatic payment to
debit your new account. You can use the enclosed “Automatic Payment Switch Form”. Use a separate form
for each automatic debit. Once complete, mail this form to the company/business where the payment is
processed. Verify with each company what date the change will occur.
5. If you used Internet Banking/Bill Pay at your previous bank, you will want to stop those payments and set
up your payees and payment schedule in your new Friendship State Bank Online Banking Account and Bill
6. Do not close your previous account until you verify your direct deposits and automatic payments have been
changed to your Friendship State Bank account. Notify your previous bank to close your account. Follow
their procedures to close an account.
Bring these switch kit forms with you at account opening for review and assistance completing.
Questions? Contact us or call 877-667-5101.