Make the move to better banking even easier. These documents you can complete and send to your employer and other businesses where you may have electronic payments. These documents will notify them you have changed your deposit account.
1. Open your new account.
Print and complete the “CIP Form” for each individual who will be on the account. All individuals on the account must bring a valid state photo identification (i.e. driver’s license) that includes a current physical address. Find a branch near you. Or complete the online account opening application.
2. Make a list of all automatic payments and deposits scheduled to go in and out of your previous account.
3. Complete the “Direct Deposit Authorization Form(s)” and give to your Human Resources or Payroll Department
This form will notify your employer to reroute your paycheck to your Friendship State Bank account. Ask your employer when the first deposit will occur to your new account.
If you have Social Security direct deposited, please let us know at account opening so we may assist you with the change.
4. Once you have verified when your first direct deposit will occur, reschedule each automatic payment to debit your new account
You can use the enclosed “Automatic Payment Switch Form”. Use a separate form for each automatic debit. Once complete, mail this form to the company/business where the payment is processed. Verify with each company what date the change will occur.
5. Set up your Friendship State Bank digital banking and billpay account.
Stop payments from your previous account and set up your payees and payment schedule in your new Friendship State Bank Digital and Bill Pay.
6. Do not close your previous account until you verify your direct deposits and automatic payments have been changed to your Friendship State Bank accoun
Notify your previous bank to close your account. Follow their procedures to close an account.
If you are opening an account in person, bring these completed switch kit forms for review and assistance completing.
Questions? Contact us or call 812-667-5101.