10 Questions to Ask Before Opening an Account
Asking questions prior to opening your bank account will help you select the best account for you. These questions will also help prevent any future surprises. Here are a few questions to help you get started.
1. Are there limitations on how often I can withdraw from the account?
2. Do I need to keep a certain amount of money in my account?
3. What happens if I try to withdraw more money than I have in the account?
4. Are there fees? What if I want a paper statement, copy of a check, or to talk to a customer service representative on the phone?
5. Can I access my account info online?
6. Is mobile banking available?
7. Will it cost to transfer money?
8. Can I use an ATM for free? What happens if I lose my debit card?
9. Does the account earn interest?
10. Do you offer fraud monitoring services?